Windows better than Linux

neighborlee

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: I love this thread, it's the best entertainment I've had for some time. :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Yeah let's have it out. Time to expound the facts and not the myths about Linux. :thumbs:

Linux - 1

Winblow$ Troll - 0

This was the part I found most amusing:

...[Windows'] core components 'just work' and work well enough for 98% of the market to call it 'good enough' to stay with it and not seek out linux or even mac's...

I'm running Mandriva 2007 Spring or whatever it's called. All my hardware is recognized except my *gasp* winmodem. Windows XP doesn't work well with half of it. I develop on XP and couldn't tell you the number of times I have to reboot or restart my IDE because it's locked up. (Let's not even discuss Windows ME...or 2000).

And for the math-impaired:

98% of the market to call it 'good enough'

From http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php?date=2007-05-20 (the site the OP pointed out):

1 Windows XP 84.47%

2 Windows 2000 4.28%

4 Windows Vista 1.94%

5 Windows 98 1.55%

7 Windows 2003 0.67%

8 Windows ME 0.52%

9 Windows NT 0.07%

----------------------------------

84.47% + 4.28% + 1.94% + 1.55% + 0.67% + 0.52% + 0.07% = 93.5% to be fair.

And most of that (84.47%) is what came installed on their computer and they are too lazy (or don't even know how) to install something else.

The funny thing is that he used an ID that plays on the word neighborly yet almost all of his posts were the exact opposite of neighborliness.

He constantly claimed to be a Linux user yet he was always pushing the Windows wheelbarrow.

Goodbye Windows troll, we don't need you and never will.

John.

But Windows just works!...

/me hides

:cheeky:

Searches for Arctic with a stick :lol2:

--------------------

To the subject:

Saying "Windows better than Linux" is just like saying the sea is dangerous just because you don't know how to swim...

Get to know the the true meaning of something before saying your bucket of water is safer than the sea.

(Linux IS and WILL be better than Windows!)

Edited by wakish