Updates for 2006

willie

I've noticed they've disappeared off a lot of mirrors. I too have noticed for Polish mirrors I used to connect to.

Iv'e noticed it to and it makes me not happy, i can't use 2007(1) because of my w-lan on my IBM R31.

So i'll wait for 2008 and the new kernel.

IIRC, there were supposed to be updates available for 18 months. This support-time must have expired in June.

2006 was released early in October 2005. The last official update was in April 2007.

This page may be of interest:

http://www.mandriva.com/en/security/productlifetime

Jim

don't know :mellow: i believe the kernel didnt change much from 2.6.12->2.6.17 unlike with .18 and .21.... I did use 2.6.14-mm from 2006 contrib with spring and 2007 though very succesfully, was the only kernel working for me for quite a while. Btw Adam said to upgrade one version only (ie. 2006->2007->spring)

Update lifecycle for main line releases is twelve months for 'desktop' and eighteen months for 'base'. The distinction is, to be honest, not written down clearly anywhere, but consider really core components to be 'base' - stuff without which you can't possibly use the system - and everything else to be 'desktop'. So yes, 2006 is now out of support. Currently supported releases are 2007 and 2007 Spring.

I haven't tried using kernel-2.6.12 on 2007 or 2007 Spring. I suspect there may be issues with some things, such as udev and dbus.

What is the model (chipset) of your wireless?

Broadcom 4306, but i think it's the combination kernel and TI-CardBus bridge ( PCI1410), iv'e send in a bug report and it was accepted as a bug. That's why i wait voor 2008 with the 2.6.18 kernel