How Do You Keep Organized?

Darkelve

To add a followup, I tried to use KPilot and KOrganizer instead of JPilot. The problem is that FC6 doesn't want to use the new version of Pilot-Link so the up-to-date Kpilot won't work. You have to get the Pilot-link and Kpilot and build them from source. I wanted this beceause KOrganizer (or Kontact) can pull calendars from links and so I could Google Calendar and keep things more and more updated.

I used to use Evolution for all my PIM stuff - until Novell took over its development. Don't like it much anymore.

And since moving to a Mac for my 'work machine' I have discovered the awesomeness of Apple Mail, iCal and Address Book which are all integrated and excellent little apps.

But Google's offering of goodies via Gmail is pretty good - I like the calendar.

BTW, am I the only one that uses a good old fashioned diary, and a pen?

No, I also use one. I need/use it whenever I am not at the office. I hate Palms.

reiver: I go weeks at a time without using a pen, and months without writing more than a cheque or a signature. it's a digital age =)

Nooooooooooooooo I refuuuuuuuuuuuuse! :lol2:

As much as I am a wannabe geek, i'm no good when it comes to flicking through documents on screen. Although in my line of work, when you have several files (accounts, tax, correspondence, and then client record in their varying forms) to work with daily, things are so much easy when you can have them on a desk and flick through them as desired, having them all on screen isn't practical. My boss was considering a paperless office, he received a resounding no from all concerned (however I believe the reliability of our Win 2K3 server "hit the nail in the coffin" so to speak).

As much as I am a wannabe geek, i'm no good when it comes to flicking through documents on screen.

I can't stand documents on a screen either. What I would like though, is a tablet pc or one of those ebook readers, that'd make it much more bearable.

For notes and todo: I use a small, A2 sized book split into categories with some tabs. The one i have atm is spiral bound, so i chuck a pen in the spiral.

For dates: I try to use my uni diary, but usually I end up remembering them myself. Going to print out calendars and glue them into the aforementioned notebook instead.

For email: I bought myself a dreamhost account on sunday, and download all my email accounts to the one place and read it via imap or the webmail ui.

I wouldnt mind a pda, but I can't afford one, and the above setup works pretty well.

James

For email: I bought myself a dreamhost account on sunday, and download all my email accounts to the one place and read it via imap or the webmail ui.
Ah, the beauty of Dreamhost. One of the best things I've ever done was signing up.

I'm thinking of going back to using a Moleskin - although I get by pretty well by using iCal and the other Apple apps, which I just sync with my phone (SE v600i).

I have an HP iPaq hw6915, but Windows Mobile is pathetic and the phone functionality is utter crap so it lives in my cubby hole (or glove compartment, if you will) and only gets used as a GPS.

For email: I bought myself a dreamhost account on sunday, and download all my email accounts to the one place and read it via imap or the webmail ui

I did a similar thing in November last year, I have an email only account with 1and1, 5x2GB mail box's with anti virus, anti-spam, and regular backups, for little more than £10, IMAP rocks IMHO.

I do it myself...I run a personal private mail server on my server box (for incoming only, not outgoing). It uses fetchmail to grab all my mail from my various accounts, filters it through spamassassin, and serves it out via courier-imap. Then I can just access that IMAP server from anywhere and have all my mail properly in sync. My webserver also makes it available via Roundcubemail for when I'm on someone else's machine with no decent IMAP client.

Probably the single best workflow change I ever made, when I set it up a couple of years back.