Can't put a breakpoint in Anjuta [solved]

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to write a short program in C. I used Anjuta IDE. Everything went fine (compiling, building and executing) until the moment I wanted to debug my code. I to enabled the debugger, and when I tried to put a breakpoint I got the error message:

ERROR: No source file named filename.c.

I have already defined the path in the Source paths.

I looked for solutions on the web but couldn't find anything. I've also visited Anjuta's Help forum and there is nothing significant there, but I didn't post a question there (the forum doesn't look very alive, and you are much nicer. :)

Has anyone encountered this problem or knows what to do? And if not, can you point me please to a place I might find a solution?

Thanks!

Edited by yossarian

OK, solved it myself. For the purpose of documentation and the welfare of the next generations, I describe here what I did.

First of all, I noticed that when I tried to build a project (As opposed to single source file) I got the error message:

make: *** No targets specified no makefile found. stop.

I'm mentioning it because what I did solved both problems. And to the recipe:

1. Install libtool package (I used Mandriva's MCC). (I don't get why it's not part of the dependencies of Anjuta, but never mind.)
  2. Create a new project, most preferably the simplest you can think of (Hello World will do the work).
  3. Find your project library in your OS file browser, and run the file autogen.sh manually (I use GNOME, so I right-clicked the file and chose "run from a terminal").
  4. In Anjuta, go to Build -> Auto generate...
  5. Again in Anjuta, go to Build -> Build, or Build -> Build All.

Voila!

I really hope it will help somenone, some day. For me it took some three hours. Oh, and I'd like to use this opportunity to express my gratitudes to google, without whom I'd still be lost.

Ciao and good luck!