Installing CD/Live to a free partition on my HD

Guest olddogface2007

Guest olddogface2007

I really enjoy the livecd, it is a real pleasure using it once I found out that I had to use "noapic" as a boot cheat, so

I decided I wanted to learn even more, I installed it on my Hard drive sharing it with my Debian sid distro Sidux, thats when I found that formating my hda3 and installing MCNlive created more challenges, since the Sidux uses UUID instead of device labels the fstab and menu.list for it had to be updated and additionally I had to go back and re-create the swap partition hda8 and give it the new UUID for it, MCNlive didn't seem to mind but the Sidux did.

next was the editing of the menu.list that is used on the Sidux, I found that I had to add the coding shown here.

title Mandriva

root (hd0,2)

chainloader +1

that did it and now am able to dual boot both distros, I look forward towards more adventures with this fine distro,

I realize that the coding for updating and installing is somewhat different than what is used on Debian but that is ok

it will be fun learning how this distribution works to provide users with very creative software, I am so happy that I left Windows and decided to learn Linux so I could get away from all the annouying registrations, patchs and constant security updates. I know that I will have to do that in linux but no where near the hassle that windows presents.

Thanks to all the MCNlive devs and users for this wonderfull tool.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.