Keyboard Buttons

Guest Grogerf

Guest Grogerf

Hallo Folks :D

I'm using Mandriva Free 2007.1 and a Microsoft keyboard. I have configured the special 'mail' and 'web home' buttons using menu > keyboard shortcuts > command shortcuts, selecting the application (after creating a menu item and selecting the appropriate keyboard) and then pressing the appropriate key. it works well for the first two keys :thumbs: but I can't get it to work for the Internet search key :sad:

It will work for a combination of Alt + S for internet search but not for the special key - that always selects Konqueror & Google France - I want Firefox & Google Australia :help:

Can anyone suggest how to fix this little annoyance?

Hoping for some special Mandriva KDE insight :)

Grogerf

[moved from Software by spinynorman - welcome aboard :)]

Maybe changing the default browser for KDE to firefox might help. Alt & F2 type kcontrol look under KDE Components--> Component Chooser--> Web Browser.

Edited by {BBI}Nexus{BBI}

Guest Grogerf
Maybe changing the default browser for KDE to firefox might help. Alt & F2 type kcontrol look under KDE Components--> Component Chooser--> Web Browser.

Hallo Nexus :D

Thanks for your reply :thumbs:

I've already selected Firefox as the KDE web browser - "mandriva-mozilla-firefox" and it works when clicking on a link in an email etc, but not on that 'search' button (XF86Search) :wall:

Sorry I forgot to mention that in the original post :oops: - it was quite a while back and I've been trying to get this button to work for a long time now :sad:

Grogerf