OpenOffice Draw Objects/Shapes [solved]

ianw1974

Been googling for a while now, and I'm trying to find objects/shapes that I can use in OpenOffice Draw. For some reason it doesn't come with any, which seems a little odd to me, since dia has some although not very many.

Anyone any ideas of have some ideal ones for drawing network diagrams? I'd hate to have to use MS Visio.

According to the Wiki,

OpenOffice.org users can also install the Open Clip Art Library, which adds a huge gallery of flags, logos, icons and banners for general presentation and drawing projects.

I haven't tried it but there's an rpm called "clipart-openclipart-0.18-5mdv2007.1.noarch.rpm" which might be of some use....

I'll check it out. I've managed to find some stuff for kivio, but was hoping not to install any KDE stuff as I'm using gnome :P

I wanted to give openoffice draw a fair try, but it doesn't seem to have anything so far, I'll check this package out, although I'm on Fedora right now and it doesn't seem to have it. I'll see if my mandy install does and what end effect it has.

If anyone else has any ideas, love to know :)

IIRC, OpenOffice Draw does vector graphics - you can create your own shapes and objects by actually drawing them, versus using some pre-made shapes. I'm sure there are some pre-made shapes out there, but I don't think they're necessary to use the program.

IIRC, OpenOffice Draw does vector graphics - you can create your own shapes and objects by actually drawing them, versus using some pre-made shapes. I'm sure there are some pre-made shapes out there, but I don't think they're necessary to use the program.

I don't fancy drawing my own, I'm really not that good! I just want to create a network diagram, and thought it a bit poor that it didn't even include some basic images.