Konqueror and mpg's etc.

Sal

Using Konq as a web browser if I click on an mpg link (any media link actually) it will not download? I've tried changing the settings in KControl for file associations from Kaboodle to Noatun, etc using both embedded and external options with the same results? Either way the associated media player opens but then nothing happens, checking the lights on my dsl modem I can see that the file does not download. The last time these features worked was when I was running MDK8.2 with KDE3.0.something. My last few installs have been custom hacks but I just did a clean install of MDK9.1 and I still can't get things working? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks, Sal

This isn't really a fix so much as a work around, and I don't use konqueror so it may not work but it's just an idea: have you tried right clicking the link and looking for a "save file" or "save as" or even "save link as" option?

Thanks, yes that works but an awful PITA to use. There must be a way to get the embedded viewer to download to a temp file and then play. It did work in 8.2 with KDE3.0.2. Thanks again for the reply, Sal