fedora7 createrepo + Yum?

I've installed the createrepo rpm (createrepo-0.4.8-4.fc7.noarch.rpm) on my Fedora 7 install.

I then ran Code:

createrepo /path/to/the/packages

All went well, although I thought the code was create-repo, but no dash was needed.

However, when I ran Yum, it still wanted an Internet connection. How do I get Yum to look for this local repo? I had thought that when you ran createrepo it updated yum automatically, but for me it did not. Or at lest when I tried to install the nvidia drivers it failed. I've copied my dvd files, the update repo and the livna repo into a single folder, which was then made into my repo.

Thanks

This link may help you: http://tqmcube.com/repo.php

From what I can see, createrepo only creates the headers, it will not configure yum for you, which will be obvious if you run

ls /etc/yum.repos.d/

to which you will see that your newly created repo isn't there.

In addition, I suspect that you may need to have apache running as well, and the repo in the right place.

Edited by Reiver_Fluffi

You will need to create a repo file

example of mine:

[justin@comatose ~]$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/jlc.repo
[jlc]
name=jlc for Fedora $releasever - $basearch - jlc
baseurl=file:///home/justin/rpmbuild/RPMS
failovermethod=priority
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
protect=0

Notice when using a "file" location you need 3 slashes in front ///

In addition, I suspect that you may need to have apache running as well, and the repo in the right place.

If it is just using the file system you wont need apache, check the example I put above for a reference.

Okay, I finally got it. For others, use the link that Reiver provided, however in step 6 of that tutorial, use JLC's example for your repo file.

And of course doublecheck your typing before you :wall: like i was doing. That and the fact today is my daughters birthday and she is having a sleep over.