Club Membership [solved]

Guest JR-13

Guest JR-13

Hey all,

I checked the forum for a topic like this, but I did not find one. My question is I just purchased Mandriva 2007 (although I was shipped 2007 Spring instead) and included with the purchase was a 1 month Silver level membership. How do I go about getting my membership activated so I can download the version I wanted to begin with?

Hey all,

I checked the forum for a topic like this, but I did not find one. My question is I just purchased Mandriva 2007 (although I was shipped 2007 Spring instead) and included with the purchase was a 1 month Silver level membership. How do I go about getting my membership activated so I can download the version I wanted to begin with?

As said in the previous answer I did to you, you have to go to this site:

https://my.mandriva.com

create an account, log in there and registerer your key by clicking the "register your activation key field".

Alternatively, the first time you launch the Mandriva, there is a first time wizard which is launched and offer you the ability to create the account and register the key before going onto your desktop.

This site, my.mandriva, is the place to manage your account there, (email, alias, ...) whether it's a paid account like yours or a free one to access the forum. When your test period is finished, you will be "alumni" instead of "silver", but will still be considered a member.

Edited by imr

Guest JR-13

Thanks all, I got it working :) I ran into the problem on the site where my username and password weren't matching up, but got it fixed. Thanks for the help!

In the past, Mandriva would have copped a blast for selling you a superseded version as asked for. You would have been really narked if you had gotten the 2007 version and discovered that a newer version had been available at the time. They used their nouse and sent you the Latest version.

Top marks Mandriva. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers. John.