Are requests for rpm's allowed here?

Dark

I am unsue if this is the right place to ask or if MDE even accepts rpm requests, but if so, I have noticed that Mandriva does not have any rpm's for mediatomb. personaly I own a ps3 and am highly intested in using my mandriva box to serve music and videos to my PlayStation3 . I doubt I am the only one that would be intrested in this particular package. I've enjoyed much succsess with mde and was hoping to get some help in this area. Thanks for any and all help

...if not...call me an idiot lol

• 4 weeks later...
I am unsue if this is the right place to ask or if MDE even accepts rpm requests, but if so, I have noticed that Mandriva does not have any rpm's for mediatomb. personaly I own a ps3 and am highly intested in using my mandriva box to serve music and videos to my PlayStation3 . I doubt I am the only one that would be intrested in this particular package. I've enjoyed much succsess with mde and was hoping to get some help in this area. Thanks for any and all help

...if not...call me an idiot lol

Yes you can request packages, if i have the time for it, i will create the package :) and i can also to get it commited at mandriva.

Edited by mmodem

Okay, I've just uploaded the latest mediatomb to Cooker contrib and 2007 Spring /contrib/backports (see http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Docs/Basic_tas...ndidate_updates for instructions on using the /backports repositories). It should hit the public mirrors soon. I tested that it installs correctly, runs, and I can browse to it via the HTTP interface. I couldn't test actual serving functionality as I don't have any UPNP clients.

Once it's installed you need to edit /etc/mediatomb.conf and tell it what your network interface is (usually eth0). After that you can start it with 'service mediatomb start' as root (or use drakxservices). The web interface is at http://localhost:50500 . Beyond that you're on your own, read the docs =) if you run into any trouble which appears to be caused by the packaging, let me know. Thanks!

dark: no problem at all, glad it's working for you :) i'll do my best to keep it up to date for all supported releases regularly, but I have a lot on my plate - if a new version comes out and I seem to be ignoring it, feel free to poke me about it :)