One Linux Over All? NO!!!!!

Guest joehill

Guest joehill
furthermore, if I am not satisfied that I am held blameless in this affair, consider me a non-member.

this is the first time that somebody complained for not being blamed. :)

held blameless means that I am not at fault.

ciao!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joehill
for pete's sake, this thread is even offtopic

actually, c_m_f and I were having a perfectly on-topic discussion about the relationship between the drive for a unified Linux desktop and how this might relate to political and economic factors. Then Ixthusdan took us waaaaaaaaaaaaay offtopic by beginning a rant about how great capitalism is.

So again, Ixthusdan needs to be told, not me.

respect each opinion even if we dont appreciate them,

as I said quite clearly, this is not about opinions. It is about Ixthusdan insulting me and calling my fact based arguments "absurd".

and thus it all boils down to opinions: ixthusdan's and your's when it comes to each other's posts.

hey bvc, how come i have not seen mods exercising their power to splice threads? :mad:).

worse, where were the mods when Ixthusdan began this? All of a sudden when I call him on it it's a problem?

where were the mods? pick one 1) dealing with problems/situations in their real life, 2) browsing other parts of the forum, or 3) cowering in the corner because they feared me :cool:.

kidding aside, it was me who brought this thread to bvc's attention. if only i paid enough attention to what was being posted and saw that it could get this ugly then i would have called their attention. them being evil mods doesnt alter the fact that this is our board and we should each help in maintaining harmony.

lets just settle things down a bit.

no, let's not. in fact, I want an aplology from Ixthusdan, and I want it made clear that such behaviour will be moderated as it is supposed to be.

if it was me (which it is not), lets try this again when everybody has cooled down. from my perspective tempers are already at high levels. it is up to ixthusdan if he want to apologize or not, or how he want to handle this situation. and if anybody thinks a thread already has something brewing, dont hesitate to flag a mod's attention. help me find work for them to do. :)

held blameless means that I am not at fault.

err, pardon me but like i said bigwords make my head spin :oops:. but can you explain how this differs from what i said? :roll:

So again, Ixthusdan needs to be told, not me.

and im not telling anybody specifically. im telling EVERYBODY! and not much good at that i think. :oops:

ciao!

This is the only page of this thread I have read, and the only one I care to read. I'm not here to place blame, nor am I here to satisfy anyone or see that it's done. If I moderated the way I, and I alone, think moderating should be done, there'd be A LOT more locked, deleted, and split threads, and probably a few less members.. BUT, I'm not alone....I'm part of a team of mods that I say are too nice, and to be honest....I go with the flow....you know? (that rhymed too :P )

If this continues.....it will be locked!

Guest joehill
Just let it go guys! Your both starting to sound like three year olds. Educated three year olds yes. But three year olds none the less.

It's "you're" not "your". You say "let it go" and then say I am sounding like a three year old (at least I can spell)?

EDITED BY ANON

<snip>

oh that does it. this was supposed to be another attempt by me to inject humor to this escalating issue.

i should have stayed offline and work instead. i never thought i could escalate a thread this far in such a short time. sorry guys. [...]

i think ill just log-off now.

ciao!

Guest joehill
err, pardon me but like i said bigwords make my head spin :oops:. but can you explain how this differs from what i said? :roll:

blameless means without blame, so if I am held blameless, it means I am held, or "viewed" as being without blame. See? You ask questions, I like that. That is a discussion. Oh, you say that? Well, why? or Well, I have these facts that contradict your opinion. Really?...

see what I mean, it's so easy.

Any more f--- you coments or claims of people being three year olds, and the posts will be deleted, thread locked. Don't bother posting who started it.

Guest joehill

you know what, consider me gone.

The level of brain matter around here has been declining for a long time and 90 percent of the posts are about Nvidia drivers and DOlson trying to self-promote.

To bvc, sorry dude, but this place is just no more fun and Ixthusdan just drove that home for me tonight. He illustrated perfectly what is wrong with discussion boards in general, that half the time no one is even responding to your question, they're just balthering on about their own little pathetic view of reality. I am having a lot more fun on the mailing lists now, and to be honest, the board has not been much help lately. I have tried to get some stuff going here like the waimea thread and the mostly joehill pekwm thread, but things are just going nowhere here.

Too bad I'll never make it to old timer.

I hope you won't delete all of my posts from the board, some of them might have been useful.

So long.

joehill

I now understand that the comment I made about your facts concerning the various UN organizations and specifically Cuba was taken as a personal insult by you. I must assume that possibly others may also see it as that way.

Therefore, I sincerely apologize for the remark.

I also recieved your pm. As I suggested, pm's are the appropriate place to make such remarks, and you are entitled to your opinion. I want you to know that your pm is the only one I have received concerning this thread, and that no requirement was placed on me to make this apology. I am doing it because, after reading your post, I agree that I ought to do it.

Not too long ago I became upset and "left" the board. After I chilled (actually, after my wife chilled me!) I came back. Hope to see you around, joehill.

Guest joehill
I came back. Hope to see you around, joehill.

More arrogance. I explained above that this board has become useless to me. Do not presume that you are the cause of this decision.

Your behaviour was only one of dozens of examples I have been seeing lately on this and other boards. I am so sick of this cycle, someone behaves like a jerk, there's a big fight and then finally a half hearted apology and everyone is friends again. Well not this time. I make no apologies,and while I appreciate your effort, none is accepted, sorry. Insults aside, people just are not discussing in an intelligent manner. Mailing lists are where I find much better help and more intelligent and patient people.

You must have sent this pretty fast, because I am no longer notified of replies, and my mailfilter has been updated with DENY = ^From:.*@mandrakeusers.org.

Goodbye.

I am so sick of this cycle, someone behaves like a jerk, there's a big fight and then finally a half hearted apology and everyone is friends again. Well not this time..

The above coment seems like normal human behavior to me. You will find that in every culture on the planet.

Sorry to see you go. What a sorry state of affairs.

Guest joehill

dammit, forgot to get rid of the ALLOW = ^From:.*paul@mandrakeusers.org!

Anyway, thanks for the sentiment anon, but there really are better options. As I may have said before I have never seen this kind of thing on the lists, and not to insult your exhaustive efforts on this board, but it's just not worth my time anymore. I came here every day and would find nothing of interest, and I really don't need that much help with Mandrake specifically anymore anyway. You and bvc and others who I should mention can provide much better assistance to the newbs anyway, although I am sure you are getting sick of the Nvidia posts!

All the best.

- Bruce (yes, my real name)