Mandriva gets a new version each season?

Guest s0me0ne

Guest s0me0ne

makes sense they follow Ubuntu's release schedule, maybe Mandriva can get back on top, although they need to improve their web site a lot, it sux

makes sense they follow Ubuntu's release schedule
No, they're not following Ubuntu's release schedule. Before Ubuntu existed Mandriva (/Mandrake) had a 6-month release cycle. And so did other distributions.

makes sense they follow Ubuntu's release schedule, maybe Mandriva can get back on top, although they need to improve their web site a lot, it sux

Maybe I would use other words, but s0me0ne has a point. Mandriva's site is not intuitive enough, it is difficult to get there what you need (unless you are only looking for the download section). Their registry mechanism is also too complicated for me. On the other hand, their shortcoming does a fine service to MandrivaUsers.org. ;)

Sorry but I do not see in which way the Ubuntu website is in any way better (more informative) than the Mandriva website.

Sorry but I do not see in which way the Ubuntu website is in any way better (more informative) than the Mandriva website.

I'm not familiar enough with Ubuntu's site. But I'll give you an example: If you click the support button on the upper left toolbar (because there is also support in the Products/Services pop-up menu, and Support under the individuals window, which leads to a different page than the other two options!), you don't get support. You get an introduction for all kinds of support: enterprise, individuals, hardware (which is not on the same level as individual/enterprise), and suggestions: register your product, buy partnership... It's mainly a commercial to the club, which is important, but why to mislead the user to think that he is going to find support there? Let's call the child by his name and title it "Why join the club" or something like that. Under support, just put a huge link to mandriva's wiki or documentation, IMHO that would do the trick. Take me for example, up to this very minute I'm not sure where the Mandriva's official documentation lies.

Edited by yossarian

I was talking about ubuntu.com and mandriva.com, but comparing the ubuntu wiki to the mandriva wiki, I still do not see what is soo much better on the ubuntu wiki, but it is right there should be a direct link to the wiki on the Mandriva site

admitted the support link is really misleading, but to be honest I never needed or used it

Edited by lavaeolus