Repositories

Guest the gladiator

Guest the gladiator

I tried to add some very popular application such as Amule; Synaptic doesn’t found it. It looks very strange to me: which other repository do I have to add in the media or, even better, where do I find the list of the repositories ?

Thanks in advance.

PS please forgive my simple question: as you can understand I'm newbie !

Go to System\Configuration\Configure your computer. In the window which just appeared type the root password. Now the Mandriva Control Center starts. On the packaging tab, which should be the one you see now choose the open box with rpm written on it icon. You can manage your software sources here. Just click add. You need both the update sources and the distribution sources If you haven't added any repo yet.

MCNLive is Mandriva, we don't use synaptic, but rpmdrake and urpmi :-)

The package amule is only available at PLF which is not added as a source in MCNLive as default.

Go to: http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

and add the sources PLF free and PLF non-free.

Don't add other sources, they are already configured.

Now search for 'amule' in the graphical rpmdrake (MCC, Add software).

Guest the gladiator

Dexter and Anna, thanks for your prompt replies.

Dexter, I already had some sources in my packages manager (Rpmdrake, of course :-))) but results were unsatisfactory. Nevertheless I appreciated your clear instructions.

Anna, I followed your directions and everything is working flawlessly! Does it mean that I have included now all the Mandriva repositories ? Is somewhere an updated list of the packages compiled for Mandriva and the address of the repository in which they are stored or this is a dream ?

gladiator, with PLF free and non-free you have all repos you really need (main, contrib, updates, non-free (mdv), PLF free, PLF non-free) - which does not mean that there are more. (3rd party mostly, un-official)

All these repos can be added via easyurpmi, that is basically our repo list.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.