Infamous White desktop with Beryl 3D

Srikar

Sorry to bother everybody with the same issue,but I couldn't fix this problem yet after trying different potential solutions,found over the web. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: The issue is same old, I enabled 3D Desktop with Beryl-Xgl combo on Mandriva Spring and the cube turns white. Im able to see the Beryl-diamond image on the cube caps,but the desktop is white. Only the mouse is visible. I need help with regards to 2 things here.

1) How do I fix this problem ?

2) How do I disable 3D,when the whole screen goes white ? Can this be done from the command line ?

Regarding the hardware specs, I use the HP dv9000t laptop with 1.83 GHz c2d, 2 GB RAM, 200 GB HDD, NVidia 7600 256 dedicated. I installed the 9755 drivers downloaded from the NVidia site.

Edited by Srikar

KDM has a drak3d menu item. You can switch off 3D desktop there. Btw Beryl is better with AIGLX AFAIK.

Thanks for the reply, you mean Beryl is better with native support rather than xgl ? Is AIGLX same as "Native" as mentioned in the MCC 3D configuration ?

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply, you mean Beryl is better with native support rather than xgl ? Is AIGLX same as "Native" as mentioned in the MCC 3D configuration ?

Late reply, but just in case.

Yes Beryl runs better (in most cases) with native support. It is also recommended to start beryl with the "beryl-manager" command and not just "beryl" and if you use Nvidia I recommend using the option "Force AIGLX" in the Beryl-manager advanced option. At least that's how it works best for me in Mandriva 2007.1.