Show off your Desktop - June 2007

Reiver_Fluffi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jjflash

dexter11,

I must be missing something really obvious. I see in "My Controls" a section for

recent attachments. What I can't find is a button or control that says attach a file or upload a file.

The way my post is now is I used the "Insert Image" control and pasted in the url of my screenshot

at google. It 's not an attachment the way your's is.

i wonder how do i make the mac-panel on mandriva??
What do you mean by mac-panel? The one at the top? First thing is, Ubuntu uses GNOME by default, while Mandriva uses KDE by default. Likely if you logged into GNOME on Mandriva instead of the default KDE (you have to make sure it installs) you'd get what you're looking for. But I could be wrong :)

Or you can just add a new panel to your KDE desktop (by right clicking on the old one) and put anything you want on it.
That highly depends on what he considers "mac-panel" - there are some things about the GNOME panel that you can't particularly emulate in KDE. Hence why I asked for clarification :)

Guest jjflash
hmmm...sorry guys..that's my ubuntu-desktop-screenshot.

i wonder how do i make the mac-panel on mandriva??

thanks... ^^

andersonlich,

If you are talking about my screenshot, that's Engage from Enlightenment window manger. It's the stand alone version.

This How-To was very helpful even though it was written for Suse. I know I installed a lot of development packages for E17 using urpmi, the How-To lists a lot of what you need.

Dreamlinux was my inspiration I downloaded and burned the liveCD and after I saw that panel I wanted it. I did look at the confguration files on the liveCD for help getting started. I also did a lot of "Googleing" for help when I got stuck. If you have the bandwidth download the Dreamlinux Live CD and check it out.