Penumbra: Overture

jagwah

Yeah, The Linux version of Penumbra Overture has been released.

Like all good nightmares, Philip's begins with something all too real - his mother's death. The days following the funeral are characterized by nothing, save for an incessant feeling of abandonment. Until, that is, he receives a letter from a dead man. . . .

Penumbra: Overture is a first person adventure game which focuses on story, immersion and puzzles. Instead of using violence to progress the player has to use his/her wits to guide Philip on his quest to unravel the past. . . .

Played from a first person viewpoint, Penumbra is very different from other adventure games. Not only is it powered by a 3D engine utilising cutting edge technology, it also has an advanced physics system which allow for a never before seen environment interaction. The player can open drawers, pull levers, pick up objects and more using natural mouse movements creating a highly interactive and immersive game world. . . .

Penumbra: Overture will keep players on the edge as they have to explore scary and immersive environments never knowing what is behind the next corner. The world is detailed, graphical as well as a story wise making the player feel part of the world as secrets are uncovered.

You can get the demo and try it out first if you like, and haven't already. So come on all you Playfull Penguins, if you can, and you like this type of gaming action, go out and buy it, and help Linux gaming, it's the only real way to send a message to Game Developers/Publishers/Distributors, and maybe get more support for Linux gaming.

Have at it !!

http://penumbra-overture.com/

oh yeah . . . , I beat AI :lol2:

Edited by jagwah

Windows Minimum Requirements:

Processor: 1Ghz

Memory: 256MB

Disc Space: 300MB free(for demo)

Video Card: Radeon 8500/GeForce 3

(GeForce4MX not supported)

Though my computer is far from being good it still well over exceeds these requirements but I still waited at least 3 or 4 minutes just to see the "Loading..." text to appear on the screen. Then I made the adjustments the game recommended and then waited at least 5 minutes for the intro which started but didn't finish as it should have AFAIK. Then nothing. I waited, went out to drink some water still nothing. So I just killed it. Hell they didn't convince me.

Now let's see the Btrl demo.

hmmm, that's a shame, both the demo and the full game run smooth as silk for me, and start up is only a couple of seconds in both Mandriva and Ubuntu, the longest part is clicking the mouse 3 or 4 times to get past the splash screens :) . Very nice game, well worth the price of admission. Can't wait for parts 2 and 3.

Edited by jagwah

interesting game.

I don't really know what to say though, the demo's too short, and while it gives you the concept of the play, it doesn't give you a taste of the experience. I'll have to wait for some reviews, because the demo didnt sell me.