Decent, easy-to-install games in RPM format?

Guest greeneggs

Guest greeneggs

Are there any really EXCELLENT games (besides Tetris or something) that can be downloaded in the RPM format and are easy to install for MDK 9.1?

Please post some of the best games you've found here along with links :D

Guest greeneggs
Frozen Bubble seems pretty popular and the rpm is on your MDK 9.1 discs.

You fire colored bubbles, matching them up to clear the screen  (sorta along the lines of tetris I guess)

I had nightmares and actually wet the bed after playing that game the other day. Additionally, a little green witch appeared at the foot of my bed and atempted to crawl under the covers with me.

No thank's. I've learned my lesson now. This game is evil. Pure evil.

:mrgreen:

Guest greeneggs
How about a pool game?. I could'nt get Kbillards to work on MDK
foobillard came with 9.0 (I think). If not on 9.1 get it here http://foobillard.sunsite.dk/

be sure to get the sdl rpm if you want sound (you'll need the sdl rpms installed).

Yeah, I would love to have that game but when I tried to install the latest MDK.586 (SDL) version I got the following message...

Conflicts detected

libGLcore.so.1 is needed by foobillard-2.5-SDL

Install aborted

I've installed a bunch of dependancies I thought I might need to install this game but to no avail.

What should I do now?. This game really looks good!

What should I do now?
That depends.......what video card are you using?

At the link above there's a FAQ link http://foobillard.sunsite.dk/faq.html

that says

Q: What are the system requirements ?

A: Concerning performance FooBillard is highly configurable. When turning details low you can also play FooBillard on slower graphics cards like 3dfx Voodoo or even slower.

For full feature support (redered reflections, etc.), however, you'll need something like a GeForce2 or 3. Especially the bumpreflections on the corners are only supported for GeForce3 or better.

Q: I have accelerated drivers installed - still Foobillard runs that slow...

A: If you compiled Foobillard on your machine, you might link against the wrong libGL. There might be some older libGL or libGLMesa lying around. You have to ensure that the link libGL.so without the trailing version numbers (e.g. libGL.so.0.3.2) points to the accelerated lib.

NVIDIA installs its own opengl, so if you are not using an nvidia card and the nvidia driver then you'll need libMesaGL1 (I think?), or what ever your card uses.

Frozen Bubble seems pretty popular and the rpm is on your MDK 9.1 discs.

You fire colored bubbles, matching them up to clear the screen  (sorta along the lines of tetris I guess)

this is actually a rip of an addictive little windows game called Snood; a runaway phenom and staple of college time wasters everywhere.

I know you said RPM format, but I've found that Quake III Arena is one of the easiest and best games to install. Simply download the patch from id's website, su to root, and install it. Then, simply copy the files from your Q3 cd as per the instructions in the readme. I have Quake 1 and 2 working as well, but they required a bit more tinkering.

--Andrew