Will KDE 3.5.7 be available as an update in MCC?

Patkos Csaba

This depends if Mandriva make it, which I doubt it. You'd have to most likely add the mde rpms. See the Mandriva Enhanced RPM's section of this board for more info on how to set this up, etc. And post in this section if you experience problems with the rpms. I don't know if mde has packaged them yet.

Guest buzzz

Mandriva KDE 3.5.7

Tried it on an earlier install and because I'm in the UK I installed the KDE en_GB locale and it asks for a locale en_gb. There is none, it's locale_en on 3.5.6. so I reverted to 3.5.6.

Edited by buzzz

We don't do updates like this as a matter of policy. Stable releases are *stable*. Fixes will be backported where appropriate and as reported by users, so if there's actually any fixes in 3.5.7 that matter to you, file bugs in the MDV bugzilla.

Guest tomcat1965
I share the same opinion as Ian, don't expect an official update from Mandriva, that's not likely to happen, although they will probably backport any necessary security updates.

The en_GB locale issue is now resolved,there's been quite a few updates to the packages. The good news is you have the option of the Kickoff Suse style menu. However you will find you have to edit some of the menu locations. Been running it 2 days and no problems,your mileage may vary!

Unless you really like Kickoff menu (as I do) it's worth reading the release notes as not a whole lot has changed,although there are some useful new features.