urpmi locked? [solved]

Guest imacbo

Guest imacbo

i am trying to get it to where i can play store bought dvds on my computer and i tried the easyurpmi and for some reason nothing happened and then i tried the urpmi --auto-select it told me urpmi is locked i m new to mandriva what do i need to do.

This is a controller so you cannot download with 2 different methods. If you use MCC (the icon "Configure your computer"), that's one method. If you use the Terminal (therefore the command "urpmi --auto-select"), that's the second method. You could re-boot, and that would 'un-lock' the urpmi, although there is probably a better way to un-lock it.

Kieth

PS. Welcome to the Board.

Edited by Kieth

Make sure you don't have 2 instances of urpmi open at the same time. Whether it be via console/CLI, MCC, or going through the online update process. If you you have 2 or more of these operating at the same time you will get a message about it being locked.

Sometimes, as soon as you login, there would be a Software Updater deamon running in ur System Tray. That actaully locks ur urpmi database. In some scenarios,that woud run for a lot of time, looking for updates and keeps ur urpmi locked.