Very nice

jaraeez

Hi just got the CD working & I'm very impressed to say the least :) running from ram is awesome.

Am I right in thinking that once I boot the live cd (Delft) then install some apps (vnc, Nvidia, thunderbird etc) which I have already tried changing the repo's & all that worked fine. I can then remaster the live cd by pointing it to one of my working HD's (ext3). Which in turn will create an iso on that drive so that when I boot back into my distro I can then reburn it & all the settings, programs will then be available on the new remastered live CD?

Also if I am correct with the procedure would also not affect anything on my HD when remastering?

Sorry if this is way to obvious, just wanna be sure before I tamper with the HD

TIA

Yes, exactly. In the menu --> MCNLive there is an entry: Remaster Live - simple, it is a graphical wizard. Will ask you the basic stuff, and then build the iso. It does not affect anything on your normal installed system, only 'change' is: you get a new iso on the partition which you can choose when running the wizard.

You can first test the iso on your main system with virtualbox or qemu if you like. No need to burn.

The new version Toronto (with virtualbox bundled) will let you test the new iso even without rebooting your normal installed system B)

Depending on your RAM (and a swap partition) you might want -when you plan to do a remaster- in this case not to boot with copy2ram

512 MB RAM --> i would not boot with copy2ram

768 MB --> copy2ram & remaster-on-the-fly should work, even after adding nvidia drivers etc.

1 GB RAM --> feel free to do the most craziest things

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.