Problem Compiling LMPCM

Verplrke

To enable the media buttons on my logitech Mediaplay Mouse, I would like to use lmpcm.

It worked fine under Mandriva 2006 but now in the new Mandriva 2007 Spring (with kernel 2.6.17-13) I get this error when I run make:

[root@localhost lmpcm_usb-0.5.5]# make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/build SUBDIRS=/home/maarten/Desktop/lmpcm_usb-0.5.5 modules
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/build: Unknown file or folder. Aborted.
make: *** [default] Error 2

*Note: the archive does not contain a configure-file, only make and make-install need to be executed.

Installing the kernel source solved the compile problem partially, after that I encoutered an module symvers error, which I was able to solve myself. But now when inserting the module i get this error:

[root@localhost lmpcm_usb-0.5.5]# insmod /lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/misc/lmpcm_usb.ko
insmod: error inserting '/lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/misc/lmpcm_usb.ko': -1 Invalid module format

Renaming lmpcm_usb.ko tot lmpcm_usb.ko.gz didn't solve the problem ...

To enable the media buttons on my logitech Mediaplay Mouse, I would like to use lmpcm.

It worked fine under Mandriva 2006 but now in the new Mandriva 2007 Spring (with kernel 2.6.17-13) I get this error when I run make:

[root@localhost lmpcm_usb-0.5.5]# make
make -C /lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/build SUBDIRS=/home/maarten/Desktop/lmpcm_usb-0.5.5 modules
make: *** /lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/build: Unknown file or folder. Aborted.
make: *** [default] Error 2

*Note: the archive does not contain a configure-file, only make and make-install need to be executed.

most buttons on my logitech mx610 mouse work out of the box (volume up and down and mute), and i guess you could manually assign functions to them....

[root@localhost maarten]# modprobe lmpcm_usb
FATAL: Module lmpcm_usb not found.

Normally the make command should add a entry in the modules.dep file using depmod. Apperently it didn't, so I added this myself:

/lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/misc/lmpcm_usb.ko: /lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/kernel/drivers/usb/core/usbcore.ko.gz

The eventual result stays the same:

[root@localhost maarten]# modprobe lmpcm_usb
FATAL: Error inserting lmpcm_usb (/lib/modules/2.6.17-13mdv/misc/lmpcm_usb.ko): Invalid module format

I must say, adding this in Mandriva 2006 was a lot easier!

Edited by Verplrke