Code name: Toronto

chris:b

A (pre-) release for the upcoming MCNLive "Toronto" is available for download:

ftp://ftp.belnet.be/pub/mirror/urpmidev.m...cnlive/Toronto/

From the release notes:

20-05-2007 MCNLive Toronto, 466,4 MB

md5sum:

a0ad35c4d311828c9a9a564f6fb69697 MCNLive-Toronto.iso

Toronto has the same code base as Delft -- with additional applications included and some (minor) fixes.

Additional packages:

VirtualBox OSE, KOffice Suite, Gimp, Gthumb, Gxine, Gftp, Bluefish, Quanta, kaudiocreator, Kopete, kdebluetooth-pin, bunch of networking tools and printer packages ...

ENGLISH only edition !

To use the copy2ram option you need at least 768 MB RAM.

Improved isolinux bootsplash, with keyboard navigation to select a boot option

Different wallpapers

Fixed:

* (non-critical) error messages when shutting down the system in livecd persist mode

How it looks:

www.mcnlive.org/toronto/index.html

There should not be any serious issues or bugs B)

But it would be nice to have some feedback before I declare it final and announce it officially.

--chris

OK using Toronto now seams fine 3D works found and is using swap so far so good. Wish I had more ram (512) so I could try copy2ram like with delft and free up the cd drive but O well the wireless works. dose something like BOOT: root=/dev/hda2/toronto.iso work with this distro?? ( can you boot the iso on the HD ) other than that it seams fine will post back as I play with more stuff :D

O ya by the way none of the images (emoticons or avatars) would show up until I logged in ....curious

OK using Toronto now seams fine 3D works found and is using swap so far so good. Wish I had more ram (512) so I could try copy2ram like with delft and free up the cd drive but O well the wireless works. dose something like BOOT: root=/dev/hda2/toronto.iso work with this distro?? ( can you boot the iso on the HD ) other than that it seams fine will post back as I play with more stuff :D

O ya by the way none of the images (emoticons or avatars) would show up until I logged in ....curious

Thx, vinny.

You can start the iso saved on HD, but not with the CD.

You'd need a virtualization software installed on your system. Feel like trying VirtualBox?

http://www.virtualbox.org/

Install VirtualBox (either on a Windows system or in a Linux system), and you can create a virtual disk and start the iso.

yes I tryed the vertualbox in toronto last night and it did try to work but I supose 512RAM isent quite enuff for a livecd and vertualbox to run at the same time :unsure: I used it to boot a iso using the cd drive cd iso image option in vertualbox the iso is a slackware derivativ called slax livecd I figured it would be a good candidate becose its anther small signatur system and it did load but gets stuck at the desktop. the slax is a good one and small enuf to load to ram BUT it's wireless dosent work for me like YOURS DOSE :D B) :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.