No sound when system resumes from suspend mode..

Good morning everyone..

I used mandriva 2007 on a Dell inspiron 1501 laptop. When ever I "suspend" my system and when i again try to wake it up, the sound doesn't work. I have to reboot my system so as to make the sound work.

When I suspend my system, even internet goes down. But its ok.. when i try to connect to it using IWCONFIG command.. how do i get back the sound when the system resumes from suspend mode without having to restart my system??

Thank you for your time... have a nice day....

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]

Hello Rama.

In your system tray there should be what looks like a capacitor symbol. When you are disconnected from the internet there should be a tiny red icon on its lower right side.

Right click on it and select Connect etho or what ever and after about 3secs it should reconnect OK.

Regarding sound. Open KDE Control Centre (assuming you are using KDE) then Sound And Multimedia then select Sound System and make sure there is a tick in Enable the Sound System.

I hope this is of some help but may need to be repeated each time you come out of laptop sleep.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn