Mandriva 2007.1 - Installation Tutorial

spinynorman

I have already seen this howto, and I thought that there are a few things that are habits from the past, that are not done this way anymore. So I wanted to give a few comments to the guy so that he improves it, but it seems those howtos are copyrighted to death.

Does anyone knows if they are released under a "free" or participative friendly licence that I missed?

I used Falko Timme's "how to" to try and install the free 2007 Spring version of Mandriva.

See my post "Free edition will not first boot for first timer"

Despite some helpful hints from IanW I am at a dead stop and can't seem to get anywhere.

I posted a similar report on "HowToForge" and got this reply:

"It seems that Mandriva doesn't like your hardware. You could try to install it again, but if that doesn't help, then there's probably no cure..."

I have tried a reinstall but it still won't boot up and I am now desperate.

Since then I posted again asking for help to remove it as it's taking up half my hard drive but he hasn't replied yet.

John Williams

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest martinlocklear

ok, this may not be the place to post this but it is the most reasonable i could find.

when i installed 2007.0 i chose, for the first time ever, to load the installation CDs to my hard drive. now my hard drive is low on space and i cannot find out how to remove this 3 CDs worth of data. i belive i found them on a var subdir but .............

thanks in advance for any help

--martin

when i installed 2007.0 i chose, for the first time ever, to load the installation CDs to my hard drive. now my hard drive is low on space and i cannot find out how to remove this 3 CDs worth of data. i belive i found them on a var subdir but .............

check into your /etc/fstab file, the path and names to those files should be written there.