"upgrading" a Live CD install

mindwave

Guys,

I know this has probably been addressed, but looking at THIS and several other forums I dont see what I'm looking for.

I have a LIVE version that I have installed to my HD, and everytime I add something I remaster it.

Thus if my pc ever dies I only need reboot from my 'most current' live version and reinstall it and I get all my apps, settingsd etc.

well now that we have gone from 2007 to 2007.1 does anyone know of a method whereby I can apply the updates, using a 2007.1 CD.

I'm trying to develop some documentation for a class so once I have the process down I can write a step by step.

Any and all help is appreciated, even if you just point me somewhere else, where someone may have already posted the answer.

I realize that the move from 2007 to 2007.1 may not be big emough to make it worthwhile, but then that in and of otself may make this the perfect test bed.

Thanks

J

Isn't that the same question as your other thread?

So you had a live version of 2007, and installed it. Now you want to upgrade to 2007.1? Just look at any of the upgrading threads in this section. You can either, 1) do everything using urpmi, by using the 2007.1 sources, or 2) get a 2007.1 cd or dvd and use that. It also depends a little bit on whether your 2007.1 cd is another live "One" version, or an install disk.

Isn't that the same question as your other thread?

So you had a live version of 2007, and installed it. Now you want to upgrade to 2007.1? Just look at any of the upgrading threads in this section. You can either, 1) do everything using urpmi, by using the 2007.1 sources, or 2) get a 2007.1 cd or dvd and use that. It also depends a little bit on whether your 2007.1 cd is another live "One" version, or an install disk.

WOW, thats amazing I have been SO bogged down in testing I had forgotten i even opened the other thread.

actually in another forum it was suggested that i :

Just add the 2007.1 CD as a software source and then run

Code:

urpmi --auto-select --no-verify-rpm

urpmi kernel

but THAT ended up with access errors, however NOW I'm thinking that maybe THAT resulted because I was using a LIVE CD as the source and instead i need to use a traditional INSTALL cd.

make sense?

thanks

j