network install

derxen

Hello

I'm trying to do a network install of 2007.1, using the boot.iso on a cd. For some reason, it hangs after configuring eth0. Nothing happens anymore. I have a linksys adsl gateway, which acts a a dhcp server, and that's never a problem with an install from cd. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong?

derxen

And your ethernet/wifi adapter is?

It's a realtek RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+. The kernel log says 'configuring eth0 ' and then the settings, which look correct, but ten minutes later nothing has happened yet. I've tried resetting the gateway and then booting again, but that doesn't help.

for what it is worth, this was my experience too but after I waited a bit longer (could not say how long but I went and made coffee - I may even have grown and roasted it myself) it came started up.

Leo

for what it is worth, this was my experience too but after I waited a bit longer (could not say how long but I went and made coffee - I may even have grown and roasted it myself) it came started up.

Leo

Maybe I should have *two* cigarettes then, or try the coffee thing.

I noticed something in the logs: it says 'found net interface lo, but blacklisted' (it also finds eth0, but that's okay, apparently). Could that be relevant?

derxen