Blog layout software

liquidzoo

I am currently looking for a new blog layout software for my website. The one I have, Wordpress, apparently has a flaw or an exploit (who the hell knows) that is allowing bots to post literally hundreds of spam messages to my site a day. All of the posts made on my site are held in moderation before they actually appear (thankfully), but once a post gets to that moderation queue, I get emailed...guess what that means... :wall:

So, what I'm looking for is a new software bundle to run for my site. I would prefer it to do one of 2 things (or both)

• Not allow any posting to users who are not registered, and have a secure registration method
  • Not allow any posting at all (boring, but might be what is needed)

I am in the process of moving hosting companies, and as a result of that I want to get everything set up or at least have a good idea of what I want fairly soon. Any helpful hints or suggestions would be great.

I'm thinking of going with b2evolution but I was looking for user suggestions. Has anyone used this and does it do what I want it to do?

There is an SQL error on the Geeklog demo site, so I can't really look at it in action.

Stick with Wordpress - just enable the Akismet anti-spam plugin.

Also make sure you're on the latest version. I have two Wordpress sites, and don't have problems with either.

BTW - you can set Wordpress so that all posts must be approved before appearing.

Also make sure you're on the latest version. I have two Wordpress sites, and don't have problems with either.

BTW - you can set Wordpress so that all posts must be approved before appearing.

I have it set that way, but I still get emailed every time there is a comment held in moderation...which has been 100+ times daily lately.

The reason I want to change is mostly because of the server changes for my hosting, and to see if there's something out there that I like more than Wordpress.

Are there any good website design programs that are not that expensive that are Vista compatible that anyone knows of? Maybe I'll just design my site myself if I can find something (and no bashing the Windows computer, I like it and do not have the resources to run a second computer anymore)

I have it set that way, but I still get emailed every time there is a comment held in moderation...which has been 100+ times daily lately.

That shouldn't happen - I don't get any notification for posts that Akismet captures. Are you referring to the spam that slips past Akismet?

I'm not sure that I have Akismet installed or running. Maybe that's the issue.

Either way, I'm still wondering if there is a good program that I can use to create my site on my own. It's been a long time since I've done any kind of web development, and I have no desire to code it all by hand.

f akismet (it's never done a good job for me), use Spam Karma. I only get one e-mail per week from it giving me a basic report of that week, how many spams were caught and if any are in moderation.

Since installing SK2 there have been 6492 spam posts to my blog. I've rarely had to check comments that are held in moderation. I honestly don't even think about it half the time, or even bother to read the reports. And I haven't had any spam make it to the comments since I installed it!

Not allow any posting to users who are not registered, and have a secure registration method.
I'm pretty sure Wordpress has this...are you running the most recent version?

Probably not. I haven't updated it in a while. All the more reason to make sure I get everything right when I switch hosting providers.

I will check out SK and see if it will do what I need it to. If so, then I will stick with Wordpress.