Command to know when Linux was installed

Hi,

I am on Fedora Core 5 32+ bit. I wonder if there is any command that can tell you when Linux was installed & updated on the computer with time and date. Or any other software/application like MySQL or PHP was installed and updated? Is there any kind of log available that I can access? Thanks........

Edited by tech291083

I've done some googling for you and checked all my linux distros. The only one that has anything like that is Gentoo which has an emerge log. This tells me when I installed my system and I can search for every program that I've installed or upgraded. I can't find anything else like that with the other systems. Sorry, maybe a Fedora user can help.

Whatever package manager the distro uses most probably has both of:

a- A log of all upgrades, often in /var/log, take a look here first, look for the package manager name.

b- Stores in the package database, when the package was installed/upgraded.

I know that pacman on Arch does both of these. (pacman -Qi packagename for install date/reason, or /var/log/pacman.log for a log). Other distros would undoubtedly have the same.

James