9.1 is Disappointing (even a disaster)

Guest tomb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having started this thread I thought some of you would like to know that LM9.1 is now running just fine on 2 of my 3 Linux boxes. In particular my Actius laptop on which I writing this post and on my home desktop. Tomorrow I'll try the office desktop and hope I get past the serial port scan.

Thanks to answers to my unasked questions I did fresh installs inluding full erases of my / partition. I can only tell you that while I've only been running on the laptop for about 30 minutes it seems to be running considerably faster.

There's still some fine tuning to do but I'm especially pleased with the font rendering in this version.

Thanks to all could see through my frustration and provided guidence notwithstanding my rant.

I like your three "R's" and three "C's".  Why don't you make them the basis for a tutorial?

I will, that's a part of my website that I have in preparation. In spreading the good word about OSS/GNU/linux etc you have so many things to do and soo little time.... :)

Having started this thread I thought some of you would like to know that LM9.1 is now running just fine on 2 of my 3 Linux boxes. In particular my Actius laptop on which I writing this post and on my home desktop. Tomorrow I'll try the office desktop and hope I get past the serial port scan.

Hurray!! 2 down, 1 to go! Hope somebody can get you the right tip about the serial port scan. BTW, could you switch those of in the bios?