WINE crashes X

*Bump* Noone knows or has had any problem with Wine recently?

I am sorry but I don't really understand your OP, what does this mean Everytime I start Wine now after kd5 update or w/e?

are you running compiz/beryl or metisse?

could you post any errors (marked with (EE) ) from /var/log/Xorg.0.log after that happened? I usually get problems like this when there are problems with my glx module....

Ok reformatted and Wine still giving me problems... I tried going back to .930 or something(previous version that worked fine on 2007.0) and the new one its like .935 or something.... Numbers are most likely wrong but you get idea. Anyways everytime I start it sends me right back to login screen. I'm running standard no 3d or metisse or anything. Note that on 2007.0 it never did this but I feel Wine dosnt like 2007.1. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix?

Ok reformatted and Wine still giving me problems... I tried going back to .930 or something(previous version that worked fine on 2007.0) and the new one its like .935 or something.... Numbers are most likely wrong but you get idea. Anyways everytime I start it sends me right back to login screen. I'm running standard no 3d or metisse or anything. Note that on 2007.0 it never did this but I feel Wine dosnt like 2007.1. Anyone else having this problem or know how to fix?

Dunno... but you could always try running winecfg and messing around with the settings; especially: choose "emulate virtual desktop" (a setting of 1024*768 or lower is usually good).

But yeah, if there is a crash, there really should be error messages on the command line or in your logs...

I have no problems (other than the usual) with Wine in 2007.1 WHEN not using 3D. If I use Beryl the Wine programs I use (e.g. Ladbrokes poker) do not behave correctly. It does not crash my system though.

Edited by opvask

Guest WarStomp

I have exactly the same problem after start mandriva update tool.

This is the last 2 rows in Xorg.0.log.old after x restart.

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

In the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file i comment (#) Load glx, and now some aplications working, but warcraft 3 not.

# Load "glx"

Any solutions?

Edit:

I just uninstall and install again nVidia drivers. Now worked fine.

Edited by WarStomp