Getting VirtualBox on my network

I recently discovered InnoTek's 'VirtualBox' VM program, and it's working beautifully, but I have a small question about the network ability. I currently have it connected to the internet, and it is running fine, but it is on it's own network. Basically, I'm wondering if there's any easy way to put my VirtualBox machine in my router's DMZ. Port forwarding would also work, but I'd need a way to set that up on WinXP or something too.

Basically, what I wanna do is a server in a virtual machine, and I want to be able to take that image and easily run the server from either Mandriva 2007 or WinXP (in case I screw up my Mandriva install again) or possibly even another computer.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

That didn't work for me. The commands executed fine, and the monitor icon in the system tray thing said it was connected to br0, but no application in Mandriva or the VM could connect to the internet, and I tried rebooting the computer, and br0 stays but is not connected anymore and tap0 disappears.