2007.1 free: Cannot connect to DSL

Chiara

Hi everybody,

I have a fresh install of mandriva 2007.1 free on a laptop (fujitsu diemens amilo si1848, intel core duo 2 t7200, ati x1300) and I can't connect to the internet.

I have an ethernet modem, well working under windows with pppoe; I configured the connection through the control center wizard, but whatever I choose I get no connection.

Moreover: Firefox is not starting: when I select it, I see "starting firefox" for a while and then nothing happens!

Thanks for any suggestion

Chiara

The networking wizard may be broken (and anyway, it never was something more than an annoyance). Install a small package named rp-pppoe, usage via root console is trivial (although there's also a GUI available).

Do you get any error messages if you start firefox from a terminal?

Edited by scarecrow

The networking wizard may be broken (and anyway, it never was something more than an annoyance). Install a small package named rp-pppoe, usage via root console is trivial (although there's also a GUI available).

Do you get any error messages if you start firefox from a terminal?

I do have rp-pppoe and tried it, the set up seems to go all right, when I start the connection it gives no error, but still I cannot see any web page using konqueror.

how do I start firefox from terminal?