activating Metisse 2007.1 install

aerogate

I also just upgraded from 2007 to 2007.1.

I was using the 3D desktop, now when I go to MCC Hardware 3D, it says my hardware will not do 3D.

The two 3D choices are grayed out. What do i I need to do to get it working again?

Thanks

Does anyone seem to know if an ATI Xpress 200 in a laptop works with Metisse or beryl or anything... I tried loading beryl and it wont load and metisse runs so slow it drives me crazy... Like 10 sec delay on everything... I have a gig of ram and the ATI Xpress 200 can play counterstrike and stuff so its not terrible and id think it would run beryl and metisse but I cant seem to do so... Anyone know why?

Are you using XGL or native (AIXGL)with Beryl? I do not have an ATI card myself and I have not run Metisse yet, but I did this to use Beryl and it runs great

installed prop. driver, did a ctrl+alt F2 and ran XFdrake. I then chose to use the prop. driver.

Opened MCC/3D - chose 3d, then native (xgl gives me problems with beryl) and beryl

logged out

When logged in again Beryl was running with aquamarine. I then loaded beryl-manager.

I did not have to edit xorg.conf myself.

I'm not sure if this is any help but it worked for me. I also recommend the beryl forum.

BTW perhaps you can post your xorg.conf and let people know if you installed the correct driver for your ATI card and how.

Good luck

Guest sebelk

Sadly I've concluded that ATI Xpress 200 it's one of the worst video cards that exists, I've tried so many ways for 3D desktop works, and the better that I've achieved so far are distorted windows, so I reverted to "2D" desktop.

I did the following, "Open MCC, go to....Hardware then........Configure 3D Desktop effects." As soon as I clicked on "Configure 3D Desktop effects" I was immediately logged out of KDE. never even saw what was supposed to be in the dropdown. I tried selecting 3D from the login prompt, but was then prompted for the root password which I supplied. Thereupon, it went back to the login screen again. Guess I'll have to pass on Metisse.

EDIT: This was after an upgrade from 2007.0 to 2007.1 and am running dual monitors.

Edited by RVDowning

I did the following, "Open MCC, go to....Hardware then........Configure 3D Desktop effects." As soon as I clicked on "Configure 3D Desktop effects" I was immediately logged out of KDE. never even saw what was supposed to be in the dropdown. I tried selecting 3D from the login prompt, but was then prompted for the root password which I supplied. Thereupon, it went back to the login screen again. Guess I'll have to pass on Metisse.

EDIT: This was after an upgrade from 2007.0 to 2007.1 and am running dual monitors.

Had the same identical problem, solution for me was to ditch nvidia dkms rpm and manually install the nvidia driver.

Hope that helps.