Arch Install [solved]

Marked as solved. I'm not sure iphitus. Like I said when I went searching after the base install I had a hard time finding what to do next. Maybe it's scattered around and needs to be in one place? There are a lot of things that I know have to be done after a base install because of Gentoo installs. So I went looking for how to do specific things.

Well, I suppose, Arch is a generic system, you could use it for any task. So there's no set 'do this after install tasks'. After install, you get what you saw, a basic system.

So yeah, from then on, it's up to the user to decide what to do, if you want gnome/kde, you install gnome/kde. If you want something else, you do that, etc.

Most things are documented on the wiki, and i'm sure that's been linked here somewhere:

http://wiki.archlinux.org

James

I get aplenty here by typing "man pacman" under konsole, or "man:pacman" at konqueror address bar, but I do use pacman 3 from "testing", so I do not know if the regular pacman 2.9.8 has manpages. And no, surely enough I haven't installed any separate pacman-doc file.

Edited by scarecrow