Ubuntu Feisty (7.04) Official Released!

Aye, that's my experience as well. What I'm happy with is it's much more stable than edgy and you can enable beryl with two commands. Compiz users can just enable compiz with a click.

My USB mobilephone transmitter is working, havn't done that in previous releases of Ubuntu or any other distro I've tested/tried on my spare place. :thumbs:

hmmmm,

The response is - as you can see in the various threads - so far very positive. Congrats to the developers.

Aye, that's my experience as well. What I'm happy with is it's much more stable than edgy and you can enable beryl with two commands. Compiz users can just enable compiz with a click.

My USB mobilephone transmitter is working, havn't done that in previous releases of Ubuntu or any other distro I've tested/tried on my spare place.

I'm not sure you are both on the same page? :unsure:

or, am I the one who is on the wrong page? :unsure:

The usual "apt-get install ubuntu-desktop" over kubuntu failed, because package rhythmbox is borked. I tried four different apt mirrors, all of them have a broken rhythmbox.

I guess I could wait a few hours/days to get that one fixed, but I deleted the virtual machine. (K)Ubuntu is extremely boring for my taste, and I'm afraid not 100% polished for a total newbie. That one will be better served by Mandriva, PCLOS or Mepis.

It's a very good distro, but I liked it less than 6.10... it's steadily heading the opposite way than the one I have geared towards.

Well, I was definitely responding to adamw. but I guess AI has not read Adams post and got confused. :D

Oh well, stuff like that happens. But I stand with my words, we have overwhelming positive response on Feisty.

I'll also send a congrats to mandriva for their release :thumbs:

Does anyone know if the wireless thing with broadcom cards was simplified in ubuntu in this release?

I've just tested this with the Broadcom 4318. All you have to do is

sudo apt-get install bcm43xx-fwcutter

and

sudo modprobe bcm43xx

or reboot. Set up your wireless with the gui, and you're on line.

Good release, except suspend worked and didn't work over and over through beta and final was released with NO WORKY, that is my only complaint.

I like things like this too.

sudo aptitude install netbeans5.5-platform netbeans5.5-doc netbeans5.5

These are pretty good, some of the performance things don't work, but some things are good settings.

http://lunapark6.com/ubuntu-704-feisty-fawn.html (screenshots pretty tasteless imo)

http://xlntsolution.blogspot.com/2007/03/f...-butterfly.html