Ubuntu Feisty (7.04) Official Released!

Hi AdamW (long-time no see here). As scarecrow pointed out: We have it covered. But I did not see a point in making two portal news about the same release in roughly two days. And it has a [solved- it is out now] added to it. ;)

adamw is right, the feisty announcement has much more impact because it's on the front page, it's succint, and it's definitive ("it is out"). The Spring announcement was more of a long trickle of "is it out yet?" "are these the isos?" "it's been delayed" "no it hasn't" spread over several (sometimes lengthy) cooker threads. So Spring got more total coverage but it comes across with less impact. arctic's double review of Spring/Feisty was the most interesting and most complete of them so far.

On the other hand, anyone can write an announcement of Spring's release, including adamw, and get it on the front page! I don't think it's too late for a bit of a fanfare, anyone feel like collecting some links? (Sorry if this is getting off-topic!)

Well, my news got approved (news have to get approved) and the news section covers everything what's moving in the Linux world.

Over at Ubuntuforums.org we also have forum sections for other distros so I don't think noones gets "cheated" (lack of better word). So if you have a mandriva release/news you can go there and post if you like :)

(and I'm still silver member of mandriva, even though I have been on ubuntu since warty beta)

Edited by Artificial Intelligence

Not that I want to complain, but why does *MANDRIVA*users have a news article for the release of Ubuntu Feisty but not for the release of *MANDRIVA* Spring? :)

Hi adamw, long time no see, hope all is well ;)

It might be hard to believe but I have raised this issue before, however there was a good argument that users here have interests in other distro's. While many of us are here out of an interest in Mandriva, past or present, this isn't exactly a die-hard Mandriva fan club. The portal news thing is something that we as a community wanted for our own uses (dexter11 was the brains behind it and pushed the idea :thumbs:), and not to be a Mandriva PR machine. Sorry there's no one cracking the whip here (well apart from Mysti, but that's O/T :P), it's about news that members of our community want to share, when they want to share it, and how they want to share it.

As I said, I'm not complaining about there being news on Feisty at all. :)

daniewicz, unfortunately I don't have time to read this board much any more, but I wanted to drop by and check on the response to Spring for a few days. It seems the mods here are doing a great job at looking after things.