MDK 9.1 mouse issues

Alpha13

I have a problem with the mouse pointer in MDK 9.1. If I open a non KDE app such as Mozilla or TheGimp in KDE and open a pull down menu within the app my mouse pointer changes to a "watch" untill the menu is closed. If I first open Mandrake Control Center and any window within MandrakeControl Center then the mouse pointer works as it should in the non KDE applications, but only for the remainder of the session, rebooting reverts things back to their original state.

Also KDE will not retain mouse settings, I use a large cursor and the white cursor, KDE loses these settings upon reboot, They are still checked, but not applied.

I have a Michrosoft PS/2 wheel mouse, not an Intellimouse though. Mandrake always detects this mouse as a standard mouse, not a wheelmouse. I have had these problems in MDK 9.0 also.

Alpha13

In every install since 7.1 (I think), I have always told Mandrake that I have a generic wheel mouse. It has never chosen the correct mouse by itself. Thee are ways to get all your buttons to work, if you have more than two, by editing /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file. I have found it easier to edit this file than even using the gui's. I use Mozilla, and do not experience the clock thing; I am not sure why it would behave that way.

This is the code I use in my XF86Config-4

Section "InputDevice"

# Identifier and driver

Identifier  "Mouse1"

Driver      "mouse"

#    Option "Protocol"    "PS/2"

Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"

Option "Device"      "/dev/mouse"

Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

Option "Buttons"     "5"