2007.1 Install

Guest buzzz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad signatures thing is also being discussed on the Club forum and I do believe Adam W is helping people with this issue. I've also had quite many errors myself. Everything does work though.

http://forum.club.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=64369

Personally, I think 2007.1 is great. In Kubuntu Feisty (my second OS) I always have network issues and screen resolution issues I need to solve after the install (it was the same in Edgy). Mandriva 2007.1 installs with no problem whatsoever. Nice job Mandriva

I just read his posts. He wants exact error messages and I can't provide them. But I had so many it was unbelievable. And I did use the 2007 Spring mirrors and just reinstalled Mandriva a couple of days ago.

thanks! that's the kind of info I need :). Can I also see your /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg ?

The error tells me the package is signed with key 70771ff3 , which is correct for /main. So the problem is likely that urpmi has associated the wrong key with /main on your machine for some reason.

thanks! that's the kind of info I need :). Can I also see your /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg ?

The error tells me the package is signed with key 70771ff3 , which is correct for /main. So the problem is likely that urpmi has associated the wrong key with /main on your machine for some reason.

{
}

main ftp://ftp.ps.pl/mirrors/Mandrakelinux/official/2007.1/i586/media/main/release {
 hdlist
 key-ids: 26752624
 media_info_dir: media_info
}

main_updates ftp://ftp.ps.pl/mirrors/Mandrakelinux/official/2007.1/i586/media/main/updates {
 hdlist
 key-ids: 22458a98
 update
}

contrib ftp://ftp.ps.pl/mirrors/Mandrakelinux/official/2007.1/i586/media/contrib/release {
 hdlist
 key-ids: 78d019f5
}

contrib_updates ftp://ftp.ps.pl/mirrors/Mandrakelinux/official/2007.1/i586/media/contrib/updates {
 hdlist
 update
}

yep, as I suspected: your main media has the Cooker key associated with it.

Several other people who had the same problem reported that removing the media and re-adding it solved the problem, so can you try that? Remove the main media, either from the graphical media configuration tool or by doing:

urpmi.removemedia main

as root. Then add it back, again either using the graphical tool or urpmi.addmedia (with the help of easy URPMI or smart URPMI or whatever). See if it works better now. Thanks!

So far I have had only four really niggly problems.

Note I have the updates right update and it has not fixed the nigglys

1. One is that Firefox seems to crash too often especially when wanting to download some thing such as music or pics. When Firefox is restarted it offers to clear or restore and when restore is selected and the same pic or piece of music is selected again, it downloads without further problems. It seems to handle later download selections ok but every so often a selection might cause it to crash again.

2. The other is with Kmail. I imported my emails (copied) from my main Mandriva2007-1 Spring (done via upgrade) into the clean install of Mandriva2007-1 Spring. They came across all OK but despite my best efforts have not been able to make them appear in proper date order although they are in my main, and new emails are scattered everywhere. I think I have got the same settings in both but I maybe missing something stupidly quite simple.

3. The other thing here is that I cannot copy the emails as backup on to my USB Flash stick. I have checked permissions and whatever else but no success, yet I can copy just about anything else on to the stick. I can copy the Mail folder to either of the hard drives or partitions without difficulty.

4. When Flight gear is selected, it goes through the first part of opening and shows the Aircraft intro panel which says that it is setting up then when completed the display disappears. Meantime the taskbar cursor continues until its time expires and then nothing, no matter how long I wait. I suspect the problem is with the new flightgear-base which did not exist in Mandriva2007 even though the flight gear version is the same.

One other point I would like to make is that the install went perfectly without fiddling with options as with 2007. However on reboot it would not start the booting progress bar. It was necessary to hit F2 and delete noapic, nolapic and acpi=ht. This allowed a completely normal bootup so it was necessary to make sure that that was also done in GRUBs menu.

This has definitely been the most fault-free version by far. Great effort Mandriva crew.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

Guest cappa72

Dear members!

First of all, I am a new Linux-user looking for a distribution that is suitable for me. I am a home-user (can be called „green”).

My hardware is an Acer Aspire 3103nLm (mSempron3400+, ati radeon x1100)

I used to try mdv2007.0 but I could froze in not once. But this was the first non-debian based distribution that looked nice for me. This was the reason why I decided to try 2007.1.

I downloaded the one-Gnome-Beijing-x86_64 (rc3) to see how it worked (especially the ati-driver). I installed it.

Since the ati driver as well as compiz worked well (usually I do not use compiz or beryl); the wifi card (rt2500 chipset) could easily be set, I decided to download the full dvd.

After that I downloaded the dvd version as well as one-Gnome version. Both were official i586 type.

Well, as you can see I changed the architecture of the downloaded media. it was because I need to use skype. (now I know that skype works on 64bit version…).

So, I installed the dvd version (not under virtual machine) because it supports Hungarian language quite well.

And I was surprised. The ati driver does not work properly, even though the settings were the same as they were in the case of one-Gnome_64bit. Hmm… interesting. There was not ‘glxinfo’, even though the one-Gnome_64 had. Ok then, I installed the one-Gnome_32bit. Surprise: it could not boot…. Very interesting.

Could it happen because of the 32/64bit difference?

I changed back to the one-Gnome-Beijing_64 and work properly. The only thing that is not really comfortable is the less support of HU language. Not for me but my wife. She is not really good at English. (Neither am I, but I use ENG softwares in work…)

To tell you the truth, the l10n and i18n files could help me to localise on a certain level (I mean some of the menus are in HU, Ooo_64bit as well, but Evolution and some others are not).

Could the Free-DVD-x86_64 help?

Has anybody experienced similar things?

Thank you,

Cappa

ps.: due to the fact that my English is not really good; if the written things cannot be understood, please warn me.