2007.1 isos?

Gayle

They look like it, but your guess is as good as mine. I did check the md5sum for it with a known mirror, just by looking at the files here and here. But that doesn't mean that it's the official ISO's - they could have modified them.

What about the 4 cd version? The release notes say there still should be 4 cd version, the 'what version should i choose'-post says that also and i've tried to search any news about it, but nowhere it says, that it's been discontinued nor does it say on the download page that it's coming. What exactly is the truth about this? Do i have to change the distro i'm using? Also the 'new' mandriva pages are very user unfriendly.

Edited by d_b

Download One and install it. You can choose wither KDE or GNOME

Configure your urpmi sources and install what ever you need that is not on One. For example, you can install all the window managers if you want. They are all available from urpmi.

I do not see a 4 cd set. But the above will give you all the Mandriva that any set has.

That's so true. Installation from the boot.iso is freaking fast+easy (provided you've got a broadband ethernet router), and you just have to download 10 MB for starters, not a lot of unneeded stuff.

When I did the netinstall (some ten days ago, or maybe a bit more), the boot.iso had a bug: It automatically picked 2006.0 repos instead of 2007.1 ones. After changing them and picking a fast mirrror, what happened was the fastest and most troublefree Mandriva installation I even made.

But the main thing is that 2007.1 works really well. I am curiouw to compare it with Feisty Fawn, which will enter today or tomorrow.

Well, i can wait. i don't even have the time now, but it's good to know, that they haven't totally gone mad and forsaken the CDs. They should've put this info on their download page though or atleast the release info. - point to mandriva for that.

spring dvd iso 32 bits on linuxtracker hash is cecb40db7e9d37f2c46a12e533b29784ca810d34

but on ftp jussieu for the 32 bits the md5 is

01a36aa86f148b1b22092dcc0fe2a745

and ftp jussieu 64 bits

5fa556be0be267a5c3d65ccad72b7f41

so unless a hash is not a md5, or there is a slight change or any txt header was added

(different checksum text file added to the torrent) no way to tell if these

should not be identical

have not compared the iso size...

seems a wild goose chase

Edited by emmanuel_uk

I know that mandriva's early seeders program got really screwed up this time. The original early seeder isos were downloaded about two weeks ago and then everyone received an email from mandriva saying the isos were changed at the last minute. As a result, the previously downloaded isos were no good for early seeder purposes. It could be that some of the ftp sites you mention are distributing the old mdv2007.1 isos from the early seeders program. I only have the powerpack dvd iso so I can't directly check the md5sum.

got really screwed up this time

recognising bug in the iso at the time and pulling it out

and putting a new one, I think this is a bit of courage

and a good QA approach.

OK, It should not have happened in the first place. But it looks like right decision taken at the right time.

Anyhow this is discussed in another thread