Easy-urpmi page broken?

Rik

When I click the link at the top of this forum for Easy-urpmi, the page I get is non-functional.

I see this text on the page:

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /home/projects/easyurpmi/www-data/tab.ser because No such file or directory in /home/mandrake/public_html/easyurpmi/functions.inc on line 170

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file /home/projects/easyurpmi/www-data/tab.ser because No such file or directory in /home/mandrake/public_html/easyurpmi/functions.inc on line 215

Cleared cache in Firefox, get same thing.

Switched to Opera, get same.

Tried a different site:

http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/

gets a good page.

Ok, now that I have a way to get the commands to paste in the console, let me ask this.

I copy the text that is generated by Easy-urpmi and run it in the console.

Does this only update the servers to be used? I still need to do the update from the MCC, is that correct? (Or alternately, run update from the console)

It has been several day since the MCC has found any updates, so I thought I might use Easy-urpmi to get some different servers to try.

It's an error message that showed up after I rsynced the other day. It shouldn't affect functionality. I contacted paul to take a look at it because he's our php expert but he's been strangely absent. I apologize and hopefully we'll get it fixed soon.

Ok, now that I have a way to get the commands to paste in the console, let me ask this.

I copy the text that is generated by Easy-urpmi and run it in the console.

Does this only update the servers to be used? I still need to do the update from the MCC, is that correct? (Or alternately, run update from the console)

If you've changed your repos (servers), it's a good idea to do
urpmi.removemedia -a

first.

Then copy the text into the console, it will update your media_info for you. It's not necessary to update it again from the MCC or konsole.

What I am asking is does the act of running the Easy-urpmi in the console only update the servers to be used for obtaining software updates? Or, does this also actually check for new software updates?

If it ONLY updates the servers to be used, then I still need to do the actual check for updates, right?

It's an error message that showed up after I rsynced the other day. It shouldn't affect functionality. I contacted paul to take a look at it because he's our php expert but he's been strangely absent. I apologize and hopefully we'll get it fixed soon.

The page from the link here shows me the error, and for me the next step button does not respond. The text partially covers that button so apparently the page is not being parsed correctly in my browser due to the error.

The alternate page I used worked OK.

If you've changed your repos (servers), it's a good idea to do
urpmi.removemedia -a

first.

Then copy the text into the console, it will update your media_info for you. It's not necessary to update it again from the MCC or konsole.

Thanks, I'll do that then run the Easy-urpmi text again.

The page from the link here shows me the error, and for me the next step button does not respond. The text partially covers that button so apparently the page is not being parsed correctly in my browser due to the error.

The alternate page I used worked OK.

I found that if I carefully probe the button with my cusor, I can find a "hotspot" that works.

OK, I have my sources updated now.

However, there are still no software updates found. I guess it has been a slow week. Very unusual.

It only works for me if I disable page-styles, otherwise I can't access the dropdown-lists for some reason.

I have never used that browser feature before. Glad you mentioned it.

My experience was that the dropdown menus do not work with Firefox 1.5 when you select certain languages for the interface. The english version worked, while e.g. the german page was broken.