My experience with VMWare 3

I installed it on a LM8.2 machine without any problems. Just an rpm and that's all.

After that a script called "vmware-config.pl".

It is an interview, so very easy.

After that vmware worked, just had to insert the registration-keys.

Now what can it do and what not??

Yes, it works remote, as every X-App does.

Yes, it has simple directX support

Yes, it is as stable, as the system you are installing within :wink:

Yes, it supports nearly every os existing

Yes, sound, usb and all kind of networking between the virtual vmware-machine and the host is possible.

Yes, the machine shows up in the LAN as SEPERATED machine with a SEPERATED and CONFIGURABLE mac-id :shock:

Yes, sou can open several sessions parallel

Yes, every session can start another system, they are independent

No, it is a third that fast, the host is. I didn't benchmark this, it's just an impression on the 800 Duron i tried it.

No, 3D-shooter will not work. DirectX isn't as good supported as needed. Remember No nr. one :?

No, it can make problems, because it's got an own samba and dhcp-server, that will be started if you click too fast (i stopped 40 clients in a small firm by installing vmware because they tried to receive an IP-Adress from this damned DHCP-daemon of VMWare because he reacted faster than the local dhcp-server :shock: )

Sounds pretty much like my experience with VMware, although I went in knowing it wasn't for gaming and that things would be slower. For me that's no big deal I basically only use it for applying for jobs so I don't care much about the speed.

I like your last one about the DHCP "confusion" EEP that could have been just a tad bad and confusing. :o