Mandriva 2007.1 tour

arctic

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying out the live version of RC3, and it's pretty cool - several of the issues with 2007 which were niggling me enough to be playing with the Kubuntu live CD have now been sorted out in 2007.1 so I'm pretty happy. So far it looks good and feels good so if the urpmi sources are up then I'll be migrating soon.

Just a little question - and I wasn't sure whether to open a new thread for this but I'll put it here for now. For me the (* Mandriva) Menu is too wide, I'd like it back to the * like in 2007.0. I tried following the tips to change the menu icon but I can't find that image in the same place, so I can't replace it. And I tried adding a [KMenu] section to my kickerrc but even after restarting X it had no effect. Is there some other hidden config option for 2007.1?

My other question had to do with keyboard shortcuts to fire up Konqueror. In 2007.0, Start-E brings up Konqueror, but just pressing the Start button doesn't do anything. In 2007.1, Start-E does nothing (bad) but Start brings up the menu (good). I've been trying to set up the shortcut key in the menu editor but it doesn't seem to like it with the Start key, although Ctrl-E works ok. So I guess I can live with that as long as applications don't try to use Ctrl-E as a command combo.

I just updated my primary partition on my pc via urpmi, and it performed the upgrade without any problems!!!!! Cool!!!!!

1059 packages were updated or replaced.

Ack. :unsure:

I just updated my primary partition on my pc via urpmi, and it performed the upgrade without any problems!!!!! Cool!!!!!

1059 packages were updated or replaced.

Edited by Darkelve