Always Purchase the Extended Warranty

cjc

Always Purchase the Extended Warranty ..

Specially in Canada at Futur Shop ! I bought a burner a year and a half ago (an LG-8081 8x4x32) and purchased the extended warranty. A friend of mine got the same one but didn't buy the extended warranty. Last mount, his burner stoped to work so we returned the device with my warranty and they give us a brand new LG 32x10x40. They didn't notice the serial number being different.. just nothing .. no question at all. So I always buy the exted warranty now :wink: So now I have a 32x10x40 burner and my friend a 8x4x32 :twisted:

MOttS

Extended warranty is really good when you have something expensive.

Once I bought an extended warranty for my sega saturn. During a storm, the sega saturn got burned from electrical spikes (which is weird since it is not turned on, but oh well). I found out that saturn is in the last month or so of its extended warranty, so I went to the shop and exchanged it with a new saturn.

Ya, Futureshop is really good when it comes to warrantee returns. I returned two HP CDRs under the same warrantee period. First my 4040i which was replaced with a 6040i and the remainder of the warrantee. It failled too and they replaced it with a 7800 CDRW and a completely new warrantee period. Unfortunately it failed just after the expiration of the new warrantee period and I decided to go with Plextor.

Glitz.