Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring RC3 'Beijing' released

dexter11

Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring RC3 "Beijing" is now available. Featuring the most comprehensive support for 3D desktop technologies, the latest versions of KDE, GNOME, Mozilla Firefox and others, a beautiful new theme and enhancements and refinements to the comprehensive suite of Mandriva configuration utilities, Mandriva Linux 2007 Spring is the best Mandriva Linux release yet. Beijing features fixes to all major bugs in previous betas and release candidates, the final version of GNOME 2.18, and the full feature set intended for the final release. Both traditional installer-based Free editions and combined live / install CD One editions are available. Beijing is available from all Mandriva mirror sites in the /devel/iso/2007.1 directory: see http://wiki.mandriva.com/CookerMirrors for a list of mirror sites. Please consult the release notes for more information.

Sounds very good especially

>>Many enhancements and bugfixes to rpmdrake software installation / removal tool

Youpeee

Linux 2XYZ is the best Mandriva Linux release yet

I just wished they stoped saying that every time...

sighhhh

especially if you are going to help with people installing 2007.1 the errata will be worth reading

http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Releases/Mandriva/2007.1/Errata

I just noticed that after I updated my system last might, it now says it is 2007.1 Official. (I was running cooker) So I suspect that cooker is now frozen and the Spring release is hours away. RC3 is probably the final. Also, I would stop using cooker! :lol:

I just noticed that after I updated my system last might, it now says it is 2007.1 Official. (I was running cooker) So I suspect that cooker is now frozen and the Spring release is hours away. RC3 is probably the final. Also, I would stop using cooker! :lol:

Give it a few days, they probably just updated to the branded packages to make sure theres no problems with those, and if there's no issues with this RC, then yes, release will happen.

So if you find a bug, file it quick!

James

Linux 2XYZ is the best Mandriva Linux release yet

I just wished they stoped saying that every time...

sighhhh

it depends on the context and since each new release contains tons of bug fixes since the last version then it could indeed be teh best Mandriva Linux release yet. most long time user of mandy would say 8.2 is the best but i am not one of those. i think being somebody with a relatively old machine i wasnt exposed to the problems they encounter or am i just plain lucky? :lol2:

another point to consider is the distro maker's point of view. what pride is there in releasing a distro version if it is not aimed at being the best so far? that line of thought could also be taken by the marketers... :)

ciao!

[formatting corrected for better reading - arctic]