Kmymoney and Ubuntu(Solved)

In a nutshell, I'm running Mandriva 2007 on one machine with Kmymoney and KDE. I have a stand alone networked hard drive I use for backups and other things. I also have a completely different machine I use for testing out other distros. I recently installed Ubuntu on the test machine and also installed Kmymoney using the add/remove applications that came with Ubuntu. Everything works fine. However, I would like to save my Kmymoney file to the network drive and be able to access if from either machine. Here's the deal, I am able to save the file to the networked drive from the Mandriva box by doing a "save as", browsing to the drive and save it. That works. Now when I try to open the file from the Ubuntu machine using Kmymoney, I can't browse to the network drive let alone the file. I can, however, browse to the network drive from the Ubuntu machine using File Browser. I have placed an icon on the desktop of the Ubuntu machine for easy access to the network drive. I can copy the file from the network drive to my home folder on the Ubuntu machine and open it from there with Kmymoney. Now I understand Kmymoney is essentially a KDE app and Ubuntu is Gnome, but Kmymoney is supposed to work just fine with Gnome. In fact, except for not being able to browse the network drive from Kmymoney everything does work just fine.

My question is this, is my inability to browse the network drive with Kmymoney from GDE a compatibility issue, or is there something I need to do? I don't recall there being anything I needed to do for the Mandriva box using KDE except mounting the drive. The drive seemingly is mounted on the Ubuntu machine through the file browser.

Any thoughts?

Addendum: I installed Kubuntu and then Kmymoney and that worked...

Edited by Electraglider