Installing oscar 5 in Mandriva 2006 Official

Guest DSR

I am trying to install OSCAR 5 in mandriva 2006 official(not the powerpack) but it seems to fail to install. some in compatibility with python. Has anyone installed oscar in the version i am talking about? is there a way around? i dont have the powerpack version (it is not possible to have it)

The out put is given here(below)

#./install_cluster eth0

--> Setting env variable OSCAR_UI to gui

Checking your system...

Success: debrepo-check.pl

Success: network-check.pl

Success: selinux-check.pl

Success: ssh-check.pl

Success: su-check.pl

System checked

=============================================================================

== Running OSCAR install_cluster script Tue Mar 27 18:43:49 EST 2007

--> Checking if this is a supported platform

--> Running: "cd /opt/oscar/scripts && ./wizard_prep"

== Running OSCAR wizard_prep script

--> Writing pre-oscar rpmlist...

--> Bootstrapping OSCAR smart package manager

warning: /opt/oscar/packages/yume/distro/mdv2006-i386/python-urlgrabber-2.9.6-1m

dk.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 78d019f5

warning: /tftpboot/oscar/mdv-2006-i386/python-urlgrabber-2.9.6-1mdk.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 78d019f5

warning: /opt/oscar/packages/yume/distro/mdv2006-i386/python-urlgrabber-2.9.6-1m dk.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 78d019f5

Preparing... ##################################################

python-urlgrabber ##################################################

WARNING: Could not locate package expat

warning: /opt/oscar/packages/yume/distro/mdv2006-i386/python-elementtree-1.2.6-1 mdk.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 78d019f5

warning: /tftpboot/oscar/mdv-2006-i386/python-elementtree-1.2.6-1mdk.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 78d019f5

warning: /opt/oscar/packages/yume/distro/mdv2006-i386/python-elementtree-1.2.6-1 mdk.noarch.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 78d019f5

error: Failed dependencies:

expat is needed by python-elementtree-1.2.6-1mdk.noarch

install failed: Bad file descriptor

at /opt/oscar/scripts/install_prereq line 249

main::handle_dumb_rpms(0, 'perl-IO-Tty', 'libxml2-python', 'python-urlgr abber', 'expat', 'python-elementtree', 'python-celementtree', 'python-rpm', 'yum ', ...) called at /opt/oscar/scripts/install_prereq line 159

Could not bootstrap smart package manager!

Oscar Wizard preparation script failed to complete at ./install_cluster line 232

i have bolded the problem part. if anyone could help me out it would be a great relief for me. as i have tried my hands on another distro fedora 5. in my case it is hanging in the beginning stage without any warning while trying to create the image process

with regards

[Please do not use capital letters only in titles. This is rather irritating for other users. Thank you. And welcome aboard :) - arctic]

First of all thanks to dester11, scarecdrow, neddie for replying.

DESTER11-->

probably the oscar-5 requires that expat so may be i cannot turn off the package checking. and is there a way to download it from the net and install it.

SCARECROW-->

I've never used that program, and since a quick Google research for "Oscar 5" returned too many results, you'd rather be a bit more specific (unless you don't care having some help from dummies like me).

OSCAR 5 is a project (s/w package) that sets up a high performance computing cluster.(dont ask what is a cluster). other packages that helps in building clusters is openmosix (that i know) there are quite a lot of others.

NEDDIE-->while installing i made it a point to check all the sub topics of development and networking for installation. so could it be that the version dosent have the required expat ( could u plz tell me a bit more about this perticular expat if u have any idea) (BIT NEW TO LINUX AND ITS TERMINILOGIES)

Has anybody installed OSCAR 5 in mandriva 2007 free or powerpack version

I never tried to install Oscar5 or anything related to clustering but I checked for expat in 2007 and it's in main. Since your installation couldn't even find it you either have to setup your sources with easyurpmi (see top of this page) and add urpmi or use 2007.

Expat is an XML parser written in C

Expat is an XML 1.0 parser written in C by James Clark. It aims to be

fully conforming. It is currently not a validating XML parser.

edit: checked for expat in 2006 and it's also there e.g. ftp://ftp.proxad.net/.mirrors2/ftp.mandri...586/media/main/

So try easyurpmi first.

Edited by dexter11