Web browsers

Jimtim

Right, understood. So in the choice I have now, it's 1 - right? (2 is a library)

One of the following packages is needed:
1- mono-1.2.3.1-3mdv2007.1.i586: Mono Runtime (to install)
2- libmono-runtime-1.1.17.1-5.2mdv2007.0.i586: Libraries for the Mono runtime (to install)
What is your choice? (1-2)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap, and now I've run into a small problem. It asked me for a response, which I gave, and then crashed. Do I need to start over from the very beginning, or is there a way of starting from where I left off?

Preparing...					 #############################################
 137/843: libavahi-client3	  #############################################
 138/843: avahi				 #############################################

ftp://ftp.u-picardie.fr/mirror/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2007.0/i586/
media/main/release/libgtk-linux-fb-2.0_0-2.4.14-6mdk.i586.rpm
The following packages have bad signatures:
/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/libgtk-linux-fb-2.0_0-2.4.14-6mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid Key ID 
(OK (DSA/SHA1, Wed 20 Sep 2006 14:52:53 UTC, Key ID e7898ae070771ff3))
Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N) [root@localhost james]# y
bash: y: command not found
[root@localhost james]#

looks like you press enter before entering a response...not sure it crashed. The default response is "No" for that question. If you're positive you didn't press enter at any point, then it may be have crashed. I believe there is a way to tell it to ignore bad signatures, but I don't know it off the top of my head (man urpmi should list it). It might be --force, but I'm not sure.

Hmm...actually, when you look closely at it, there's a root cursor. I was away for a while...could it have timed out?

Does that happen? I'll look in urpmi man to see if there's a force command.

Could this be it?

--force-key
	   Force update of GPG key when updating media.

Anyway, what should I do now? Should I start the whole thing over again?

Hmm...actually, when you look closely at it, there's a root cursor.
Yes, the root cursor appeared after the program exited. Whether this was the result of a crash or of it receiving an enter/return signal isn't obvious - though with a crash you'd usually at least see a "Segmentation Fault" or similar message, but not always. I've never heard of urpmi timing out, but I guess you never know.

Also note that you shouldn't have to re-download any of the rpm's you already downloaded, it should just grab them from /var/cache/urpmi/rpms

Yes I can and also with Galeon (which I understand is derived from Mozilla).

The actual message is as below.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /list.cgi on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.thediscshop.com.au Port 80

Cheers. John.

Strange how it works with some browsers and not with others. This is just a shot in the dark, but could it be something to do with Java? I have Java installed on both Opera and Firefox, and I have these problems, and in Konqueror I haven't made the link with Java and it all works fine. What do you think?

For some reason you are being redirected to:

http://www.thediscshop.com.au/list.cgi

Which is not the address of the actual web page. Why you are being directed there, I can't say, I'd have to see the actual code behind the page (the HTML source makes no reference to list.cgi). Most likely, however, this is an issue on the server and not with your browser. For whatever reason the site is redirecting you improperly.

try going here:

http://www.thediscshop.com.au/index.php

and see what you get back.