Web browsers

Jimtim

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The url that I cannot get is http://www.thediscshop.com.au.

It comes up with a Forbidden...........A 404 not found error...etc.

I have all Firefox latest updates for both 2007 and 2007-1(cooker)

Cheers. John.

Hey John, just tried your link & alls fine here (Mandriva 2007.0 - Firefox 1.5.0.10)

There is some scripts running on the page (maybe you have an extension blocking it ie: no script)

OK. I've completed all the installations. Everything is up to date - but still I've STILL got the problem. Any ideas?

And now I've got a new problem: the computer doesn't recognise my usb key anymore. I am well and truly fed up! :wall::furious3::pissedoff: :angry2:

OK, false alert. I understand now. In fact, it was all very long because it was dowloading 2007 Spring. When I restarted the computer it saw my key. But sill I can't see the web page I want to see.

Wrong again!!!!!!! The computer can see my key but it can't open it. This is the message I get:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1, missing codepage or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so

I can't make head nor tail of that!

OK, false alert. I understand now. In fact, it was all very long because it was dowloading 2007 Spring. When I restarted the computer it saw my key. But sill I can't see the web page I want to see.

When you set up easy-urpmi, did you use the 2007 or cooker repos?

Have you checked this yet:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?s=&...st&p=303709

Don't boot your system with your usb-key in.

Insert your key and post the output of

dmesg | tail

Try to relax and enjoy that lovely screen saver! :P

I've started a new thread for this one Greg - that's what I should have done from the beginning. This thread is supposed to be about another problem I'm having (and yes, I do have others in the waiting!). But in my panic...I'll put the result on the new thread. Cheers.

Following advice on this forum, I re-installed my OS this morning and, after quite a lot of hastle, re-installed the Firefox 2. I can now view the webpage using Firefox, so it looks like it did have something to do with the OS rather than with Firefox.

Hello Tyme.

I followed your suggestion and looked at the url in the properties of the site in Bookmarks and edited it it to read EXACTLY as I worded it in my post earlier and the site came up immediately. That explains why all of you were able to log into the site aok. Somehow the extra text got in. :wall::wall::wall: I don't know how but I have amended the bookmarks and its saved backup plus putting it onto my 2Gb usb drive.

Thanks to you I now know how to do a trace back on bookmarked sites properties if I should have similar problems with other sites in future.

What is weird is that midway through this post, I tried Konqueror again with the original bookmark and it didn't work but when I edited its bookmark too, it also worked properly. :unsure:

The only thing I can think of is that the websites system may have tolerated the incorrect address before it (the system) was updated. The website had obviously done a complete rebuild but what the os was or now is, I have no idea. The new layout is a 1000% better than the earlier one.

Well my problem is solved so thanks to you everyone else as well. :thumbs::thumbs: :D

Cheers. John.

• 1 year later...
Guest Dennism47

I have a similar problem in that my web pages come up but only one of them has the images showing. Those that show are not scaled images but those that do show are scaled? look at http://www.able2cane.com

the last page has images the first three do not unless you right click the black spot and view image. ;) Using 2008.1 spring