Half-Life, Mandrake 9.1

83mercedes

Well i ran into some problems where textures were screwy, found out it was because i hadn't copied the nvidia gl includes into the /usr/X11R6/includes directory, did that recompiled 08052003 snapshot and every thing runs good now.

I can now say that DOD mod for halflife works fine for me, so there is your answer Cyberjackle, delayed i know sorry.

I tried compiling from the daily CVS snapshot on SourceForge once and it did not work well.

How do you download the snapshot from a day in particular? I tried that once following the instruction on the sourceforge site but I did not find it.

Is there a reason for choosing that day (08052003) in particular?

Is it better than the rpm from transgaming?

Has anyone tried to use this MOD:

http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/indexmain.html

I'm a little confused - this site has links to a complete linux download. So my questions are:

1) is anyone trying to run this in winex - if so why?

2) If this is based on half life - or from the same people, does half life now run natively on linux?

Has anyone tried to use this MOD:

http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/indexmain.html

I'm a little confused - this site has links to a complete linux download. So my questions are:

1) is anyone trying to run this in winex - if so why?

2) If this is based on half life - or from the same people, does half life now run natively on linux?

The linux download is for the server not for the client game.

I tried compiling from the daily CVS snapshot on SourceForge once and it did not work well.  

How do you download the snapshot from a day in particular? I tried that once following the instruction on the sourceforge site but I did not find it.

Is there a reason for choosing that day (08052003) in particular?

Is it better than the rpm from transgaming?

That was the latest stable wine release look at www.winehq.com on the top right corner of the page there is a link to the latest stable release. The release a new one about every month, it's better for me than transgaming because i don't have a credit card. But the performance of halflife with wine is certainly acceptable on my system.